For the next 2 1/2 weeks the biggest area in our home in terms of preparation will be the kitchen. There will be projects and baking going on and we will, I pray, be preparing other areas of the home and our lives for The Christ-Child and the Second Coming. Most of these kitchen tasks and tips will be taken from The Fly Lady.
Pre-Advent Check List:
Clear the clutter off your counters one at a time.11/16
- Clear the clutter off your kitchen table.
- Organize and clean under kitchen sink.
Take a peek at your pantry. Don’t pull everything out and start reorganizing; just take a look, see what you need, and start a grocery list.11/16 Empty refg/clean thoroughly11/14 Line refr shelves with press and seal wrap11/15
- Clean microwave inside and out
- Clean stove/oven
- Straighten drawers/cupboards
- Wipe fingerprints off walls
Scrub down cabinet fronts (only a few at a time)11/16
- Repair broken cabinets
- Consult I Heart Organizing Blog for visual ideas for organizing cabinets etc.