Monday, February 28, 2011

Learning All the Time

 Alice's unifix cube patterns.
Coloring a castle.


I'm really looking forward to our homeschooling years. The kids love learning new things and figuring things out and mastering skills. So far I LOVE the BOB book series for DD. They are little booklets that come in stages. We are reading the first set and she just read a new book today and asked me "How many books can I read now??" "Four," I said. "FOUR?!?" We tried Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons and I really liked the concept, but it was too detached for DD and didn't hold her attention. It did help her with learning letter sounds and how they go together to make words and such, but the BOB books are definitely better for DD because she can just jump in and start reading. She's been reading to me and her baby brothers and anyone who will listen. 
I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the TV. I'd like to be TV free altogether. I keep putting it on for DS1 when it's time for me to nurse DS2 or put DS2 down for a nap to keep DS1 distracted. Any go-tv-free tips would really be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment